, , , ,

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette

10/21/2014

Long time no see :D

I have been very busy applying Australia visa and cooking,
so no chance to update my blog


Wondering what story should I post next, I decided to do a review this time .


It's the infamous Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette!


I believe that the old Naked 2 came with a lip gloss when they first released.
Turns out that they change the free stuff into Primer Potion instead. 
YEAYYYY

Honestly, I am not a lip person, so the Primer Potion is definitely a plus point for me :D
I really really love their primer potion though! Might post a review of their PP later

I bought this at Sephora Singapore for SGD 79. 
But for you who live around USA, this is available for USD 54 only! 
Super jelly :(


 Their primer potion comes in 5 different shades and types: Original, Eden, Sin, Greed, and Anti-Aging
However there are only 4 shades came with the palette as you can see on the picture above


A double-ended brush is included inside the palette. It's a synthetic brush from Good Karma brush line (shadow brush and crease brush). Meaning that the brush is cruelty-free and vegan! Good point for you who concern about something like this, right?

I've tried the brush and it did a pretty good job. So it's very handy for travelling if I don't want to bring many brushes. Love :)

I searched on the internet how much do they sell the brush for retail and this type of brush is only available in Naked 2 palette apparently. 
For personal purchase, you can buy the Good Karma Shadow Brush and Good Karma Crease Brush which retail at $26 each.
If we calculate the price once again, SGD 79 for a palette + 4 samples primer potion + a double-ended brush (which might cost you $52), I couldn't say that UD palette is expensive.
Actually, It's a steal considering the quality as well. It's even cheaper in USA *scream*


The case has a hinged lid (focus on blue circle on pic above) - taupe metal with embossed chocolate brown artwork. It has a clean look compared to Naked 1's case.


Foxy and Booty Call are normally used as a highlighter or eyeshadow base, while Half-Baked and Chopper for eyeshadow base.


I usually use Verve as an eyeshadow base. It might be too harsh for brow bone area or highlighter. Blackout is the PERFECT BLACK you want for lining or adding a little bit of mysteriousness on your eyes. Ydk looks pretty light on the photo, but it's actually darker than what you think it is. Wait until you see the swatches.

Indoor lighting

Under strong sunlight

Under soft sunlight wtf

The color is beautiful even on my warm skin tones. People said that Naked 2 is for cool tones, but I have no problem with it. It looks as wonderful on both skin tones. Of course, Naked 1 is more beautiful for darker yellow skin tones (my skin is pretty light and not that yellowish)



I tested it under running water and it stays like a glue no matter how long the water splash on it. Happy us it's water RESISTANCE (CAUTION, not waterproof)


I cleaned my arm and you can see that Blackout left a stain lololol
It's very pigmented, I could say.


Buying Naked 2 is like a long investment for me. 
I could see myself resist buying any other palettes.

The quality, of course, not as good as professional quality eyeshadow like MAC eyeshadow.
But I'm not a proffesional MUA anyway, I only need what best needed for daily use and I think Naked palette is enough for that. 



OK until next post


ADIOS


You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me