, , , , , ,

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm

3/24/2015

Hello everyone
Today's post is gonna be another lipbalm review that I've tried a couple days ago.
I have been eyeing on this lipbalm for some times now and just got a chance to try it :D

Truthfully, my daily life has been full of anxiousness in the last two weeks which made me totally forgot the existence of this blog :(
The condition just gotten better two days ago and that was when I realized that I haven't updated anything on this blog. Now here I am finally sharing something to you guys.


Do you still haunting the lipbalm for you? Then this might be a great choice to try on. Burt's Bees is another famous brand that is well-known for its nature friendly products, another mainstream trend happening right now since people just started to care about the earth, psstt ;)
The one I have here is their tinted lip balm. Description on their website is:

"For just a hint of color and a whole lot of conditioning. The Botanical Waxes in these softly tinted balms will take your lips to lovely in one pretty swipe"

and the ingredients are:

"cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, olus (vegetable oil, huile vegetale), cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, candelilla cera (euphorbia cerifera wax, cire de candelilla), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, aroma (flavor)*, lanolin, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, cananga odorata flower wax, jasminum officinale (jasmine) flower wax, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza). May contain: alumina, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (iron oxides). *natural flavor"

I am nowhere a dermatologist expert. But reading the ingredients listed, half of them is not bad actually!


Mine is in Hibiscus shade.


No, the big cylinder tube is not the lip balm. The packaging is a bit deceiving, to be honest. The first time I opened my parcel (I ordered it online), I was like, "wtf why are they so big!" and then when I opened the tube "oh gosh it's the tube what the hell scared me for a second" :')
It is unique though. It's just me whom over-reacted.


The color is a beautiful coral color. It looks a tad darker on the tube compared to the swatch.
Lemme give you the swatch on my lips. I decided to post three different photos to give you a picture how does it looks like on my skintone and undertone in real life.




Pigmentation is really good considering that it is only a tinted lip balm. 
One swatch is enough to liven you up, but a couple of swatches is good enough to be a lipstick with gloss finish. Pigmentation, checked!

My lips is in good condition I should say. Just a little bit dry compared to what I've used to have in the past. For people with dry lips this is good to go, but for anyone of you with chapped lips, emollient balm or non-waxy stick is still the best.
I tried to compare it with my other waxy lip balm and this one last a little bit longer than the others. So, moisturizing, check! Staying power, good!

Texture wise, this one is not as waxy as the normal lip balm. It glides better and feel less-waxy(?). Almost like a lip-gloss, but not there yet. Almost!
The only thing I dislike is the color. It's a beautiful coral, but I think it's too warm for my undertone. I stood in front of the mirror and immediately thinks that it's too orange for me. Hence I need to apply it lightly afterwards. But don't worry! I can see it looks stunning on people with warmer undertones and darker skintones.


So, what do you think?



Until next post,
XOXO







You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me