, , ,

Schwarzkopf Freshlight Lemon Blonde Review

9/15/2014

My first blog post is up and I'm really excited to start this journey with you guys! 

So, I've been discover this hair coloring brand for a while now. Well, actually Schwarzkopf Freshlight is the only brand I've ever use to color my hair because I'm too poor to color my hair at salon and the other brands are expensive

I got this at a local Watsons in Semarang for buy one get one promo. TELL ME WHO CANNOT RESIST SALE.
The normal price in the market in Indonesia is around IDR 90.000 - 110.000 for the normal hair coloring type and IDR 120.000 - 130.000 for this foam color type. You can check out their complete colors available here (freshlight hair colour) and here (freshlight foam). With the buy one get one promo, I bought two of them for IDR 125.000. CHEAP OR NOT *screaamm~*

I got mine in Lemon Blond foam color

You can screaming now am I crazy or what. But, you see, my real hair color is charcoal-dark brownish color is that even a word wtf. A very normal hair color for Asian, but definitely not a good benefit when you want to color your dark hair into something light. 
I've read a lot of information that I can go 2-3 shades lighter than my desired hair color if I have no intention into bleaching. I've done home-coloring before and even if I go 2-3 shades lighter, it's still pretty dark. That's why I go extreme :P

Here's my before hair


That's my real hair color with the previous colored hair grew far from the roots. Fyi, my hair grow really fast. The last time I did the coloring was 4,5 months ago with Schwarzkopf normal Hair Colour in Passion Blond, yet it was already that long before now.

Move on, Schwarzkopf provide decent information on the box about the product itself. So you won't feel cheated if you decide to put this product into your basket





As you can see, there's the photo illustration about how the result will be depending on your hair color. So don't blame them if you want a very light color result, but your real hair color is dark brown or black in the first place. You won't achieve that color EXCEPT doing the bleaching first. 
Still feel cheated? I'm wondering if you are the one who don't pay attention to the information box :P
And don't forget to do the allergic test first if you have a virgin hair or use this brand for the first time. You definitely don't want to damage your scalp, right ^^?

Open the box, and you will find these inside:

1. Instruction Sheet Ã¾
2. Hair Color Cream Ã¾
3. Developer Ã¾
4. 1 sachet treatment product Ã¾
5. Push pump Ã¾
6. Gloves Ã¾

All check and we can move to the process now! I used 2 boxes since I have a veery long hair, almost reach my butt. If your hair length is shorter than mine, I think 1 box is enough. 

To remind you once again of my before hair just in case you forgot how does it looks like


It was uneven already and very orenji orangey(?) wtf. It looks more yellowish on the last photo though, depends on the lighting.

Coloring process:
1. Instruction sheet, VERY IMPORTANT. Realize that every hair color brands has their own policy, so read the instruction is a must must must.

I tried to open that circle thing on the box numerous times, but IT DIDN'T MOVE AN INCH. I gave up and decided to use my lovely table after-all.

SEE, I told you that every brand has different "how-to-process". I remember the popular brand -Liese- from Japan and several brands use the 'side-to-side' technique to mix the cream and developer. By side-to-side, I mean, move it slowly in horizontal motion until the bottle in a sleeping position. But in this case, you only need to move the bottle back and forth very slowly.

2. Pour the developer into the bottle, attach the push pump, mix it, get my gloves ready, and shampooing coloring my hair. Caution that you are not allowed to put the product directly into the scalp. Always pour it on your palm first.

3. Wait for 30-40 minutes as the instruction said. The best room temperature is between 20-25°C. If you are out of that temperature zone, better to leave the product longer on your hair.

4. TA-DAAA



More photos result :P This is under the same lighting with different camera effect, but the color is much closer to the real color when you see me in person :D Less redness and more into yellow base rather than orange. A little bit uneven, but I'm totally fine with it. Who knows I can make it looks like the popular Balayage *slap:/

 (I wonder why it looks very uneven here, even though it's not that bad in real life)


Photos below were my hair 2days after. I styled it and haven't washed my hair. Pardon me for the gross salp :( my hair got oily very bery quickly



Under same lighting with different camera effect, I think this is how it'll looks like under the sun



PROS:
- Very easy! Just like doing your regular shampoo
- CHEAP if you got it for sale like mine MUAHAHA
- Easy to find. In Indonesia, you can find this product at Watsons, Guardian, Hypermart, Carrefour, Food Hall, and other supermarket
- The after treatment conditioner is actually pretty good! Make your hair smooth and less tangled. I also used my Vidal Sassoon coloring treatment on the first day thus the smoothness is doubled. But, I used the Schwarzkopf treatment conditioner the next hair-wash and it was still as smooth! Love love
- Plenty of product. It can afford until medium-long hair (around your waist) depends on the thickness of your hair. Mine is SUPER LONG and THICK *combo*

CONS:
- Very strong chemical. The smell was UH HUH I almost cannot stand the smell. I guess the foam color is a lot smelly rather than the normal hair colour by Schwarzkopf
- Pricey at normal price

Do I like it?
YES

Rate:
8/10
Minus 2 points for the smell. It is THAT strong :(

Would I repurchase?
Why not?

If you have further question don't hesitate to leave a comment on the box below or contact my personal social media on my profile.

OK BAI  

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Kak mau tanya. Aku mau ngecat rambut pake produk ini (pertama kali), tapi aku masih bingung untuk milih warnanya. Rambutku aslinya hitam aku mau cat rambutku jadi warna agak kecoklatan gitu tapi yang nggak terlalu mencolok (maklum masih sekolah). Aku liat yg warna Berry Ash bagus, tapi takutnya ntar malah nggak ada perubahan di rambutku. Apa aku harus milih warna yang lebih agak cerah lagi supaya ngefek di rambutku karena aku nggak bleaching rambutku?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elsa, untuk rambut virgin yang blm pernah di cat aku saranin untuk ambil warna 2-3 tingkat lebih muda dr warna yang kamu pengenin. Untuk Berry Ash pastinya nggak akan kelihatan nantinya di rambut virgin kamu apalagi warna Ash sendiri resultnya pasti grey-ish. Aku saranin coba ambil Caramel Brown secara warna yang foaming color terbatas. Kalau mau dan menurutmu Caramel Brown takut kemudaan krn kamu masih sekolah, bisa coba ambil Freshlight Hair Color Mysterious Beige atau Melty Mocha. Tinggal minta tolong temen kamu utk bantuin cat nya ;)
      n.b biar warna deket akar nggak terlalu muda, km bisa mulai aplikasikan produknya di ujung rambut bawah baru aplikasikan ke akarnya.
      Selamat mencoba & good luck!

      Delete
  2. Hi Melisa,

    Do you know how many months or shampoos this hair dye lasts? I have recently moved to Chiang Mai and saw this hair dye at Watson's. It looked good but I only wanted a short term dye.

    Thanks!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica!
      I couldn't get any information from Schwarzkopf itself how they claim the product would last, but I think it will be different to everybody because our hair condition is different after all.
      In my case, the hair dye always last quite long for about 4-5 months or so before the color starts fading.
      Hope it helps you :)

      Delete
  3. Did you use 1 or 2 boxes? My hair is long but towards the end of my hair it gets lighter than my top thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used 2 boxes, just because my hair was really long

      Delete
  4. Did you use 1 or 2 boxes? My hair is long but towards the end of my hair it gets lighter than my top thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aku mau nanya bagusan ini apa etude house bubble hair yg natural brown? kalo terang nya terangan mana ya?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. halo cheryl, emmm jujur sih blm pernah coba yang etude house karena mereka nggak ada pilihan warna yang terang di Indo. Seingetku punya mereka yg paling terang itu masih termasuk kategori dark brown. Kalo baca baca dr blog lain reviewnya etude sih agak kurang, jd aku rekomendasi coba yg ini aja

      Delete
  6. Keren sekaliii warnanya!
    My hair is black, hate it! tried a burgundy colour from another brand the other day and it didn't cause ANY effect! Dying it again with this lemon blonde tomorrow to see how it will go :) *fingers crossed
    Thanks for the helpful review sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haloo terima kasiiih. iyaaa burgundy kan lumayan gelap tuh warnanya, kalo rambutnya masih rambut virgin bakalan susah banget keluarnya di rambut kita. mendingan pake yg agak ekstrim jadi warnanya keluar :)

      Delete
  7. Bagusss warna rambutny..
    Klo passion blond & lemon blond beda ny gmn y??
    Passion blond terang bgt ga klo udh prnh warna tp agak susah msk rambut aku klo tiap d warna.. thx a lot :)

    ReplyDelete

About me