, , , ,

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush Review

11/29/2014

I have a confession,

Being a makeup addict, my worst addiction goes to blush products tbh.
I spend my most shopping time in the blush section everytime I visit a makeup store.
Foundation or lips section would easily passed by me, yet I will NEVER EVER miss the blush collections. I couldn't remember since when my blush addiction was started, 
but I know for sure that being pale is the reason of it. 

My skin is not that white white color or super super pale like Caucasian.
However living in a tropical and humid country like me, my skin is a little bit different than other Asians here (caution that by means Asian, what I mean is Indonesian born Chinese since Chinese descent dominates Asian people in Indonesia).

Yes, I'm whiter than most of them. 
Not super white, but if you see me standing besides them, it's obvious that I am whiter even between my families (I think I need to emphasize that I'm talking about skintone here, not undertone :D ).
To the point, I'm utilizing those blushes to add color and 'life' into my skin.

To remind you, I live in a super humid country.
It's honestly quite difficult to find a blush that will last me all day under the hot weather.
Not until this baby arrived in my makeup drawer \(^-^ )


Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush claimed as a long-wearing, supremely soft blush infused with Amazonian clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun. This 12-hour blush universally benefits all skin types for a fade-free, flawless finish, minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep product in place while also hydrating the skin naturally to restore moisture, reducing the appearance of dry, flaky skin.

This blush is formulated without Parabens, Sulfates, and Phthalates.
It's FREE of petrochemicals, synthetic fragrances, GMOs, and triclosan.

Packaging: 



The packaging is quite simple with their logo beautifully embossed on the cap.
I think the packaging is made of plastic, but I'm not really sure because it's quite thick for a plastic. Please correct me if you know what they are made of :D


The mirror is unexpectedly very clear!
The joint might look fragile, but it's pretty tough, I said.
Remember don't judge a book by its cover :P


Pigmentation and Color Swatch:

A little goes a long way, keep in mind!
If you are thinking of 'that little' amount of products in your head right now,
cut the amount by two. IT IS that little! 
Unless you want to looks like a clown

(under soft outdoor lighting)
(under strong outdoor lighting)
(under indoor lighting)

 I bought the color Exposed and it is supposed to be a nude pink color as described at Tarte website. Yet you can see that there is not only a pink tone, but also orange/coral tone at the same time. Especially under the strong lighting, the coral color is so obvious. Crazy! It is damn G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S I love it >.<!

I personally think that almost everyone with any skintones and undertones 
can pull off the color, but it will look its best on someone with medium skintones
(especially tanned skin. pssttt)
Moreover, any makeup color we are wearing will suit this blush since the dominant color is nude. I've paired red lipstick, pink lipstick, and coral lipstick with Exposed and it is just the right match. The reason to more and more falling in love with this blush.


Long Wearing:

I've never used the blush in exact 12 hours.
That's why I couldn't prove their statement of "lasts up to 12 hours".
However I was once put on the blush in the morning and it was still nicely sit on my face
by the time I back home in the evening. Maybe around... 8-9 hours?
The color was definitely brushed off for a little bit, but I didn't see my usual pale face. 
My cheek stay flushed like how I want it to.

Here are the before and after photos I captured a few days ago for a family dinner
         
              
     

MY EYEBAG >_< *literally cry*

The only thing I notice is my washed away lipstick while the blush looks same same :D


In one sentence, 
this blush is my new holy grail product that I will happily rate at 10 out of ten 
and re-purchase without no doubt \( ^-^ )/*



See you until next post,

BAI

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me