, , , ,

The Face Shop Chia Seed Cleansing Foam

1/21/2015



Hi everyone,
wet season is in Indonesia now and it has been raining all day, everyday
which leads me to a slight change in my skincare routine
ps. I want to apologize first for the low photo quality. My brother in Jakarta borrowed my camera for his newly born daughter, so here I am left with Iphone camera only :(

During my new year holiday in Jakarta, I was run out of my Laneige cleansing foam.
I got super worried since Laneige is also hard to find. Damn!
Correct me please, but only a few Sogo and Metro Department Store carry Laneige products.
At that time, I stayed at my brother's apartment in North Jakarta and the nearest mall is Baywalk - which doesn't have a department store surprisingly (what's wrong with you Baywalk???). I needed to find a cleanser ASAP and decided to buy The Face Shop Chia Seed Cleansing Foam at Baywalk. No other choices, I was. 

The sales girl suggested this cleanser for me after I explain that I have a combination to oily skin and got a quite sensitive skin I am.
There were a discount for minimum purchase of IDR 250.000 (about $20) and I bought a nail cream along with my cleanser to get the discount (the nail cream is awesome! Need to review it as well >.<)


There is nothing special with the packaging. 
Just your normal Korean packaging with a plastic cap.


The texture is pretty dense when it came out from the tube and quickly melt into a runny consistency. This photo is taken during that runny time because my Iphone camera kept unfocused :/


The packaging says "Create enough lather with a moderate amount of water and massage the face. Rinse off.", what I found is nothing but another runnier-watery consistency instead of a "foam". Super disappointed because I love that foamy feeling when I cleanse my face.

The sales girl told me that the cleanser is for oily and sensitive skin, but I had a break out..... I was like "really?"
Okay, I didn't have a super bad break-out, but changing from a clear skin into a pimpled skin is definitely not a great feeling. I had a couple of acne on my forehead and my mouth and some on my cheek. I didn't give up because I thought that maybe was my skin trying to adjust the new formula and extract all the soon-to-be pimples out, so I kept using it for about a week.
Back home to Semarang after my holiday, I finished the remaining of my Laneige cleanser for 5 days. Guess what, my skin cleared up!
And since I haven't given up with face shop's yet (and for the purpose of this review), I used it again for another week. Now guess.... I believe you could guess what happened.
Yes, my skin break-out AGAIN T_T
Knowing that this cleanser is not for me, I stopped using it already and back to my newly bought Laneige (uh huh, I had a feeling that I will need it).

Another thing I realize is that my skin feel a little bit tight after cleansing.
A super tight feeling after cleansing is not a good sign for your skin, I know that, and that is not what I'm talking about. It was just a slightly tight feeling that I barely notice.
Hence I knew that this cleanser is not for combination skin, but for oily skin.
People who have oilier skin than me might suitable with this one.
Also, the chia seed is barely there when I wash my face.

All in all, The Face Shop Chia Seed Cleansing Foam is not for me.
I had a break-out and didn't see any improvement on my skin but acne.
It is a little bit too strong for my skin and made my skin dry (have I mentioned that my skin started to flaky?)
Will not buy again.
Rate 2 out of 10 :(



Until next post,
XOXO



















You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Which one of the laneige cleanser that you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the late reply dear, I used the Laneige Multi Cleanser back then. The one in white-blue bottle

      Delete

About me