, , , , , , ,

Ointment vs Waxy Lip Balm

4/15/2015

Ointment? Or waxy lip balm?
Let's find out!


Being hate to the lip balm sensation plus genetic condition, I fully grew up with chapped lips all my life. I didn't care to fix it because it was simply didn't bother my daily routine. UNTIL.... this early year. Yes.
I had the worst chapped lips and dry and flaky skin around my lips caused by The Face Shop Chia Cleansing Foam. Then my experiment with lip balm began (read my full post about the chapped lips here).


That unpleasant experience brought me to own a couple of lip balms now, both ointment and waxy stick. I started first with waxy stick and ended up with ointment since my waxy lip balm couldn't help my poor lips.
Oh btw, I am not going any chemist here because I am not one :D
So this is just a simple explanation about my personal preference.

To be honest, both type are great to condition our dry lips. Unless that you have a severe chapped lips, waxy lip balm is fine. But this is what I realize after my experience using both type of lip balms. Waxy sticks kinda have a waxy feeling on my lips and ointment has an oily feeling. It is exactly what their name are 😂
Which one is better?
Both types produce the same hydration effect right after usage (it is also depends on the brand, though. Some are better, some are less hydrating). Couple hours later, they started to feel a lot different. Waxy stick left with a normal dry lips (or maybe a little bit better), while ointment leaving a moisturizing feeling.
A story happened when I decided to back to my waxy lip balm, just because I don't want to waste my Kiehl's lip balm (I am your cheapskate-type-of-person 😂) and noticed that it felt different. After being used to the moisturizing feeling that Kiehl's ointment left, I rather feel that my waxy lip balm doesn't feel as hydrating as before. It gets dry faster and not as hydrating as the ointment.
To sum,


Ointment wins :D

This is just my personal experience, but I hope it's helpful and informative for you.



Until next post,
XOXO

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me