, ,

Cosmos Eyeliner

12/19/2014

I was strolling my instagram that night and accidentally found out that this eyeliner had became a talk in instagram world for a while.
Now let me tell you what I think about the eyeliner


Cosmos is a makeup brand from Taiwan. I was a little bit hesitant at first because of the 'made in Taiwan' thingy somehow sounds like 'made in China' in my ear,
but... hell yea, who cares, there must be something about it that people raved about.




This eyeliner has been rumored that it will stay on your watery and oily eyes.
Well, I had to agree about that, though. 
I have an oily eyelids and they never smudge on me.
Mine is in Champagne and Chocolate Moose(this is not a typo. The packaging really written like this!) color.
Chocolate Moose one is like your normal dark brown eyeliner nice for waterline or for your normal application, while Champagne has this beautiful gold rose color perfect to highlight the inner corner of our eyes. It looks beautiful on the pan with adequate amount of sparkle, until I swatch it on my hands...
Oh by the way, they are very pigmented. What you see is what you get :P


It's actually very nice on my eyes if I don't mind the glitter
It. just. not. working...
The glitter went everywhere on my eyes especially when I wore Champagne for waterline.
Has I said that the glitter is not the tiny little chunk but the BIG chunk?
That is the reason why :(
Both products have the same consistency which is very smooth and creamy.
Too creamy that makes Champagne broke during my flight to Jakarta T_T


Cosmos provides us a small sharpener for you all who prefer a sharp edge to start your makeup. Not forgetting that inside that cap, there is a smudger as well!
How thoughtful of them, really, if only the smudger do its purpose.
No matter how fast I am using the smudger as soon as I put my eyeliner on,
it never works. It never smudge it! What I got was just a red and sore eyelids instead :'(


I did the swatch and it's time to test it now!

- I put it under a running water. Waterproof test -> Checked.
- I rub it once. Staying power(?) test -> Checked.
- I rub it five times. Great staying power(wtf) test -> Checked.
- I rub it like crazy until you see all those redness. Almost perfect staying power(duh) test -> Checked.

All in all, my final opinion is:

Pros:
- Great pigmentation
- Great staying power
- Cheap! I haven't mention this, right?
- It's retractable. No more of those sharpening jobs :D

Cons:
- Champagne has waaaay too much glitter and big chunks of it (attention!)
- Removing problem. The glitter seems like loving to stay on my eyes. One night I was forced to sleep with the glitters leftover on my eyes, which is a bad thing :(
- Good staying power, but honestly both of them were quite a bad child when I want to put them off. I had a hard time removing them from my eyes.
- Too fragile. Remember, Champagne is broke!

Overall Score:
6/10

I have think about it and my final decision is that I'm not going to purchase this anymore




Until next post,
BAI







You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me