, , , ,

Graduation General Rehearsal: Pullman Central Park Jakarta

10/01/2014

What's up lovelies!

Continuing my graduation post, I have been thinking so hard whether to put the general rehearsal and D-day together as one or put it on a separate post because I didn't think that the general rehearsal would be long enough for a post.

Nothing much happened on that day honestly, but suddenly I remembered one experience that I thought I should share it with you guys.
So here I am, making a separate post of them :D


Firstly a photo of me with my girls so that you won't be bored because I'll talk a lot rather than the photos itself :P

My day started very early that day. I woke up at 4.30 AM because my flight to Jakarta was 06.20 AM and strangely I couldn't sleep that night and went to bed around 03.00 AM ...? x_x


Then I took a rest at my brother's home for a while before heading to Pullman Central Park Jakarta,


I arrived in the hotel around 01.15 PM. I thought that I wouldn't be able to check-in yet since the check-in time is 2 PM. Having the bell-boy carried our luggage, he told me that we can check-in already. Happy me, of course, since my rehearsal was at 2 PM so I had to leave my parents alone inevitably for them to check-in.

Surprisingly, there were a lot of people lining in the reception already. Turns out that a lot of my friends were also spent the night at the hotel! LOLOL didn't expecting that

The guy in the reception that looks like the superior handled my check-in. He told me that my room was not ready yet.
I thought "oh well, I have my reservation for free anyway"
I got a free night to spend from hotels.com
They have a program where you cal get one free night after booking a total of 10 nights in the website

So I patiently waiting.
Since I need to attend the rehearsal, I gave my Dad's number to him so that he can contact my Dad once the room is ready.



I met my friends and went to the ballroom in L floor afterwards.
Fyi, Pullman Grand Ballroom in Central Park is the second biggest in Jakarta after the one in Hotel Mulia Senayan Jakarta.



What you have seen above is just a small corner part of the ballroom



Photo above is also just a small part of the ballroom wtf


It was already 2.30 and I got a call from my Dad that they are FINALLY checked in.
So Pullman Central Park practically made my parents waiting for more than 1,5 hours to get the room ready.

I was like, 
ARE YOU SERIOUS PULLMAN

I'm a hospitality student. My major was hotel and tourism management.
I have worked in a 5 stars hotel before (Dharmawangsa Jakarta) and you are a 5 stars hotel as well. Your rate might be cheaper than any other 5 stars hotel which usually the lowest rate will cost us more than 300 USD and people only need to pay you 100 USD something for a night.
But still, your title is a 5 stars hotel and your service shouldn't be worse than the standard of a 5 stars hotel.

I had my training years ago in Housekeeping and I know how they work.
I also had my training in Front Office and I also know how they work.
I wouldn't say much about that, but I know that my room should be ready WITHIN 1 hour at maximum. More than that, it is just all about what poor service is.
A poor service in a 5 stars hotel? What a shame...


Move on, I just continued the rehearsal.
Since my parents could took a rest in the room already, there's nothing I should be worry about. I was just disappointed that my parents have to have such an experience at an important event. Also because they are not young anymore (my father is 69 y.o and my mother is 58 y.o. I KNOW, RIGHT such a big gap ^^)



Photos taken during the rehearsal to beautify this boring post ;)


 


With my beautiful girls (second and third from left) from same internship placement in Australia 1.5 years ago ^^;


Looks like bunch of girls who just had a shopping with each shopping bag, but actually that was our toga and invitation cards. Yes, SGU distributed it a day before the D-Day. They just know us too well. Most of the students would lost it before the graduation ceremony for sure.


Photo bomber EVERYWHERE 
This is what happens every time I took a photo in a crowded place with familiar people.
But the BEST are these

Have no idea what she was trying to do

Spot the guy behind my male friend! I laugh my ass off when I checked this picture lololol

Last photo with my bestest buddies. So sad that it was not the full team since some persons couldn't make it and graduating next year.

I feel so blessed for having them ^.^

After the rehearsal, I had dinner with my friends at Hachi Hachi Japanese Restaurant and heading back to my room.


I didn't take a lot of photos of the room since I had a feeling that I should not.
So I just took a pic of this little corner of our bedside.
The room was actually pretty comfy and the bed was super comfy.
Surprise surprise, even my Mom praise the bed!

The only strange interior was the shower. It is located in the center of the room, by itself...in a separate box (I dunno how to describe it)... I was pretty fine, but looks like my Mom was quite fascinated in a bad way and always complaint it to everybody afterwards.


However, look at what I found on the bathroom dressing table!





My gorgeous flower bouquet!

I ordered it at MadameFlorist Jakarta
It was super big and smell soooo niceeee

More photos from different lighting for you to get a clue of its original form and color






Supa Love. There were roses, lilies, carnations, baby breath, and statice.


Last one, my friend Uci gave this to me before I went back to my room


So, she gave this to everyone whom we always hang-out together

And I opened it...

It was soooooo sweeeet of her ^^
I also plan of making something before we go on our separate way, but it's still in the process ;P

Sorry that I couldn't show the inside part, but it's just a personal letter she wrote for me.


I honestly confused which one is me since 2 of them looks similar to me. Turns out, I am the one in the middle of top row.
She ordered the card's design personally.
If you want to know where she made it, don't hesitate to contact me :D


Fiuhhhh that was a long post.

Ok I need to do my daily exercise from blogilates now.
See you on my next post!

BAI

Love, MS

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me